For a long time now,
I have sat in silence
and held my tongue.
I have not written for far too long ...
Once I wrote and wrote
of love and life,
about death and pain and despair,
anything, dreadful or fair,
that touched me,
moved me,
annoyed or irritated me,
struck me somehow
or just caught my eye.
It may seem insane,
but I must have had ink in my veins
so to speak, or beter even: write ...
I know I need to write ...
To survive.
To feel the flow,
to heal my soul.
To be read
before I'm dead
would be nice,
but the writing itself
is essential ...
It prevents me from deceasing,
from growing grey within
and losing all colour
that my words can bring
to life
and into your brain and vivid imagination ...
I must not cease
to mold with words
even if they are never read or heard ...
For writing is creating,
it is living, breathing, being, ...
being everything and yet just a pen,
being able to be nothing,
being in control,
being able to let go ...
Writing is what makes me (feel) alive,
It is what I am meant to do.
That, and other things too.
I must not stop again.
Therefore, I will, for once,
erase my last punctuation mark
and "end" this with the words
to be continued
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten